Monday, May 26, 2014

the same deep dream



"and I, at sunrise"

Waking to the
breaking
dawn
of a day I knew would one day
come
And here, it is, this day's
sun
Rising whether I am prepared
or not
In all the remembering I never
forgot
That this excursion was always
about Dan
And, with the gentle guidance of
this gentle man
I morphed into the reality of  me
My inner truth rose in synergy
with his
Today my heart drips bittersweet
bliss
As I turn to offer this blog a
goodbye kiss
From grateful lips presenting younger
And a soul, wiser, freed of its deep
hunger
All because a music man
Allowed his purpose...his lifetime plan
To sing and write and travel the land
Often times with empty hands
And a heart longing to belong
To someone on the roads he walked along

A true friend of his told me once
"Dan did not do human well"
I understood the words, I know he was under
a spell
Cast upon all of us who wish to love in ways so pure
We often need to find an outlet to reassure
ourselves that we can live here on this planet
bright
As we, armed with this pure love..... enter the fight
To keep the planet perpetually spinning
Unsure why it is so important to always be winning
When the goal.....
we know
Is to live in the spaces between the illuminating white
and the peace of the veil of  the darkest night
If you seek me
You shall find me
(where you also shall find yourself)
Blooming in the spaces between
For we are all players in the same deep dream

No comments:

Post a Comment