Thursday, May 22, 2014

upon the place...for joe and me




Summer song
Shadows lay long
upon the place our souls intersect
Preparing now, to spilt apart..... In retrospect
We did it true
Me and you

We did it with deepest respect
In honor and grace I gently genuflect
I bow to the present, the future. the past
For any shadow here now is cast
As respite from our sister sun
As our shadows become two from one
Shining bright, she lights our separate ways
And, as we move past our nights, our days
Shared
We know we cared
On soul levels so honoring and deep
Your love, I shall forever keep
So close inside my humbled heart
As I turn to meet my new start
And you turn, too
To greet the passion reawakened in you

Standing still now, for moments of perfect peace
We watch the color story of the changing leaves
Paint a portrait of our lives as we walk away
Hang, it will, on the wall in grateful display
For free we are to move about the land
In our final turn, let go my trembling hand
Thank you, sweet and gentle man

Perhaps we did not want to go
But we had to allow what we both know
Summer song
Shadows lay long
upon the place our souls say goodbye
Remember me as you explore the seasons of the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment