Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Sleeping Soul



Scarecrow, locked within the tree
Awakening the fear sleeping deep in me
You make me feel I am only full
Of the straw on which the crows do pull
Silently taunting my inner core
My thoughts, my substance, I was fine before
You stared me down
And I fell to the ground
Cowering in your dark shadow
Painted frown, frozen, how had you
known that I was running from my deepest self
You hanging..... judging life, in and of yourself

Yourself.....straw and scraps and useless stuff
I feel the same, yet your fate I must rebuff
Crows, come, feed on my straw
Peck away at society's silent law 
The one that states we must hang in waiting
For a day far off, I end my hesitating
Cut the tether that confines me at my center
In my own tree, I have been a renter
I choose a new path, end my endless hanging round
I walk into my future, feet reclaiming my solid ground

No comments:

Post a Comment