Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Me Minus You


http://www.twistedrootstudios.com


Decisions ring hard
Looking glass breaks into
shards
Reflection thrown around the
room in pieces
Like my broken heart beat
as it
momentarily ceases
Only to be kicked back
into normal rhythm....
sinus
By the jolt of the
call of the road
It's gonna be me
minus
you

My vision... focused on the
place the path meets
the sun rising
We have made it this far
in our
compromising
Our river splits at a freeing
fork where the water
wets the
wood
I take the northern split
you the south
You now know I would stay
here if I
could
This is just the way it
needs to
be
You minus
me

Us minus each other
No longer a need to forsake
all others
Including ourselves
I'm taking my passion
off the
shelf
and dusting it off
Shining it up all pretty
like
I'm off to climb my rocky
mountain
A personal honoring
hike
Is in my future
Once I find myself at my
mountain's
top
I will proclaim from
my free voice
"I will never ever
stop
Loving
you
For all you always
do
to make this world
a safe place
as you offered
up
the safe space
for me to walk away.....
it's me minus you
today"

And the echo of my words
you will envibe
to the depths of your
soul

Thank you, darling.....
for being so
brave, for
letting me
go

When you one
day
find
your newborn
way
I know you will also
understand
It had to be you and
me newly
alone
So we could move
toward our
newborn
homes
One goes north
one
south
Let me gently kiss your
sweet
mouth
One last time as it
must be
Cuz, baby....from this
day forward
It is you
minus
me


2 comments: