Friday, January 31, 2014

Dusty Way

Dusty day
Dusty life
Dusty marriage
Dusty wife
Dust in the corners
of my mind
Dust covering the answers
I am to find
The move back from CA
killed us, you, me
Bit by Bit...mile by
mile
Now we are lost under all
the debris
and I can't find my
smile
Do I dust it off
Do I wish to
In your arms still soft
I no longer know what to
do
I don't feel like I fit there
anymore
We have grown apart
Our ships sailed to separate
shores

You're on land, me still riding
the ocean
Someone tell my heart
That it's OK to clear the gathering
dust
It's not the fault of either one of
us
It just is, as she tells me often
This dusty day I close the lid
of the coffin
On a love that saved me
and made me
whole
Fast forward.... I am
whole enough
to know
the time has come to
let us go

No comments:

Post a Comment