Tuesday, November 19, 2013

From My Tears, and My Sun


Stumbling down the road of this
life thing we
got going
on
The road is winding, smooth, rocky
 Often so very labored, so
long
Roads become blocked with the
debris of weather
vicious
Or, they may be lush and full 
A journey's trail sweet and
ripe, exotic and so
delicious
 
Walk this road or take another
The constant chatter
inside our
rambling, raging heads
We may walk beside death
and destruction
or in partnership with an alive
and vibrant
deep green engaging
river bed
 
My roads have led me to pain
and passion
To laughter and tears
To loss and discovery so amazing
it took my breath away
I have filled river beds with my
salty saviors
I have been the very sun
that dried them all
From my tears and my sun sprang
 flowered
trails to savor
 
From the rain of our tears....
as hurricanes
Is a clearing of the pain that
births them
And the peace that
sweetly came
In the rebuild after the storms
of epic toll
so cold
This, I have learned
Somewhere along the road
 

No comments:

Post a Comment