Monday, November 4, 2013

Romancing My Truth




I looked outside myself
for my sanity
For long labored eons
I ran

Away from me
Or perhaps toward some
one, some kind of
clan

Secretly studying the ways
of others
Executing my moves with
stellar stealth

Yet, I kept coming back
to the awareness
I am me,
no one
else

One day of dark night
I knew my
hard birthed
truth

Returning to the
self I was
in my
wooded youth

I found myself by the
banks of a stream
Flowing and
playing with the
stones

Away from the world's
pain, from
her maladies and
moans

I was the water
flowing
and the dragonflies
dancing

My truth I am now
cultivating
clarifying and
romancing

I am all things and
none of them
in the same moment
of magic

I am the peace, the
calm, the
intuitive me
Peace borne from the
tragic

Search for a woman
walking with
me on my path
through many lived
lives

I have been a mother
a daughter
a lover...a hater
Someone's
wife

Labels and limitations
attached to all of
the
above

None of them
honoring
my newly nuanced
self love

The only label I
agree to
don

Is the one I wear
and now have
on

I am Me
aside from that.....I am
happily and honestly
Label Free




No comments:

Post a Comment