Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sacred Season







http://www.twistedrootstudios.com


My heart knows the growing time
of the Spring
In the dark morning it reminisces
and remembers
Recalling
bright days growing longer and
lighter....
warmer
As does my heart grow lighter
and warmer
in the memory of the
Spring time

Sacred season of rooting in
Sacred season of hope
Scared season of the sun's
return
Sacred season of my growth

My heart prepares for the time
of rest
Winter blowing in, deep freeze
of feelings
Deep introspective awareness
Deep peace, deep process
Insulated, blanketed
Under the accumulating snow fall
of my life
Wind chill
Keeping me still
Near a fire in the hearth
and the fire of Spring sparking in 
my heavy heart

Come, oh Spring and warm me
Sacred season of new awakenings
Sacred season of the thaw
Scared season of brooks beginning to
once again babble
Sacred season of me...
thawing
sprouting
becoming
growing


No comments:

Post a Comment