Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Friend of Mine.....for my many friends of varied shapes and sizes




Separation of church and state
We stand before the magistrate
People starving in the street
With no shoes upon their feet

We speak of friends in cyber land
Would you know me if I grabbed
your hand
On the street..... shoeless
Or, would you walk by clueless

Would you know me on the
street?

If you are a friend of mine
Then you need to be kind
to me, and I to you
Or, friends we are who have
not a clue
Of how to be friends to
each other

Perhaps separation is just fine
If your path splits from mine
Then so it shall be
I feel no need to ask you to follow
me
Friends walk along a path in a
stride
Not separate, but aside
If you are a friend of  mine, you
will know it
I got no problem telling you
or showing it

Is there a point here, in my
words?
Yeah, I am a hippie liberal, perhaps
you heard
But, I realize that friends come in all
shapes and sizes
None of them are me, we meet in the middle
of our compromises
And heal any cuts, bruises and scars
My friends live in my sky of life
like the grazillion stars
We all witness from various points
on the earth
We are friends who made it through the
birth
of our differences and our similarities
It is a choice to walk with me
And a choice for me to walk with you

Let's choose to honor each other
As we are hurled though space on our
planetary mother
That's what I need from my friends
Together we will know many ends
And rebirths
On our mutual acid trip
On our alkaline
Mother
Earth


No comments:

Post a Comment