Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Affliction of Self Decline



Sat at the table too
long
I gambled away my
freedom
again
Same sad
song
Sung from lips wearing
no grin
Just a frightened frown
frozen
For the life that I have
chosen
is a gamble
Every day
I can't seem to get outta
my own way
 
Let the chips fall
from my
hands
as I fall flat on my
face
Plundered all my personal
plans
Escaped again, any
grace
I allowed to enter
for moments
brief
Hitting myself
upside my
head once more
Seeking joy, finding
no relief
Relief ain't down here
on the floor
 
I must push away from the
felted table
Walk away from the
adrenaline rush
Push comes to shove
Am I able
To tame time's heavy
relentless crush?
 
And step out into the light
as it shines
Upon this secret soul so
dark
I must discover a way to
make my life mine
As I walk away, let the drag
of my heels spark
A flame of rejuvenation
Burn me to a new creation
Free of any addiction
Rid myself of the affliction
of self decline
Resuscitate myself
Time for me to allow my
self to shine
 
Recovering gambler I
become
The one game I finally
won
Was the game to find
my self alive
I am here, albeit in hindered
stride
Standing upright somewhat
depleted
But I am...... standing
No longer seated
At the table where I lost
so much
The chair engulfing me was
my crutch
 
I've experienced a miraculous
healing
Sitting still is no longer
appealing
Standing up, off the ground
Affliction lost....
self found
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment