Thursday, October 24, 2013

Transplanted




Love ain't never how ya
plan it
There is no script even though
you ran it
Sometimes we take the other
for granted
And they walk away uprooted
Once planted
In soil rich and full
and vibrant
Transplanted now in a distant
deeper climate

Strings of love tying us
together
They get tangled tight
Not knowing
whether
or not we can get free
from the endless
night
That this love has
now become
What ever  happened to our
warming sun?

It set one fateful day never
again to rise
We no longer sing our song's
reprise
The music somehow slowly
died
And even after all the tears
we've cried
I just can not seem to find
us alive
Buried under the insane stress
and  rubble
Feels like I've been living in a
heavy bubble

Seeing out, nothing getting
in
I can't quite remember how to
begin
Over, yet it calls to me
endlessly
A trail of footprints laid out
behind me
In the whisper of the wind and
rain
My soul has heard a new risen
refrain

I am off to find a new sun
rising
Time to end our endless
compromising
And begin our flight away
over new lands
Into new hearts, new love
new hands

Fly away my sweet love
Thank you for our
song
Remember what we were made
of
For what we were and are now
is never gone
We simply transformed as all
things do
I will always hold close the
memories of
you






No comments:

Post a Comment