Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I Am A Walker




Strip me of my pride
You will never kill what
lives inside
For my pride is not
tangible
And your stride is not
infallible
You can attack me at my
core
And when you think I am
wasted on the floor
It is then that the truth of
a warrior is known
When the true wisdom of a wise
soul is shown

I walk the trail, full of
peace
In this momentary unsettled
place
You may attempt to hold me
longer
But I will grow and become even
stronger

Pride, I do not need it
My life, attempt to impede it
It matters not what you do to me
For I am a warrior of self you see
The eagle, the bear, the wolf my friends
They have no fear and actions to defend

I've walked this trail in every way
I've seen the love, the peace, the decay
And the one truth that always prevails
Is this:
You shall always find me on my trail
If you listen for the wind, perhaps you, too
will hear it
The wind is my brother, he knows the
trial of spirit
In the footprints left by my many steps
My story will be told
For I am a walker of the blessed
Red Road

I walk the trail, full of
peace
In this momentary unsettled
place
You may attempt to hold me
longer
And I will grow and become even
stronger

No comments:

Post a Comment