Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Stone Lions




The sanctity of stillness
like a blanket
covers me
Peace and wisdom
connect
in the stillness of my
soul

Shhhhhhh.....
say nothing
Be everything
Hear it all
Listen again
In the stillness

My words, yours
they get in the way
Like stone lions at the
gate
Of a cold structure
A home protected by the
false security
of cold stone
No need for stone lions
They are not
real

But be still with me
Wordlessly
Wax and wane
with me
Look upon me
in all of my momentary
phases
Hear me tell you
I love you
with my eyes...
Sky blue
under the sky...
blue

Walk the woods with
me
Hold my hand
The melodic meander
of our walk
in tandem
Our soundtrack
and.... the chorus of the
alive creatures
The stones here are
shaped only as
themselves
They....also alive!

Leave the lions of
stone
Dead
Steal away with me
to the woods
Alive
Hold my hand
Know the stillness of my
soul
Show me the stillness of
yours

No comments:

Post a Comment