Saturday, September 8, 2012

For my friend

Bad news.......heart stops, stomach turns, shit!!!! It can take a perfectly good day and turn it upside down.

So many emotions come into play.....the past comes creeping up, reminding you of other bad news and times when things really sucked. Maybe a similar situation turned out poorly....so you go there, it's what we do....there is some kind of instant recall to the nastiness we've know before. It's a human malady to sit there in the ick for a while, as if we just knew something bad was going to come along. We give our power to the ugh so easily sometimes, but I must remember this is a choice I make, or do not make. If I got knocked out of my serenity, I have choices about how I respond to it, what I do with the information and how and when I move forward.

You feel sick, you feel sad, you feel helpless......you feel everything and nothing in the same exact moment.

Tonight, I heard bad news... and in the way news is often relayed these days...in a chat on FaceBook, no warning, jut SPLAT ! There it is displayed in black and white. "I am positive for prostate cancer" BAM!

OK, so I am a spiritual person, right? I assist people in owning their truth, living it and rocking their purpose. All good......so tonight as I digest this awareness that a friend is sick, I search for facts.
1. Early stages...should be good
2. He's a healthy guy, a tough ass fighter, he'll fight this
3. Early stages, did I mention that?
4. His lady is a nurse, she knows a lot
5. He's tenacious and it will most likely be just fine, a long road, but he'll come out the other end a tougher fighter, a gentler man, a changed man in many ways. Alive and feisty as ever.

Tomorrow I will know this....tonight, my heart breaks for my friend, and I hope he knows I care.



No comments:

Post a Comment