Friday, February 22, 2013

Swaying

The plains are now covered in show...deep in hibernation
The dust of the morning will swirl in the wind another day
I look ahead with great and grateful anticipation
We shall return to Illinois, in each other's arms we'll sway

The river is now icy as steam rises from her wet expanse
Dan's boulders sit guarding the place where we mingle and meld
It is OUR time.. mellow and peaceful, lit by the full moon's romance
Bits of ourselves we leave there each year, in the trees these pieces are held

Each time we return, we blend the now, the then and the when
Into the truth we all carry collectively
As we hug,we become the trees and their branches as we all sway and bend
With my family of the soul, I am real, we are tight...I see you, and you me

Illinois, looks like you'll see us again and again and again



No comments:

Post a Comment