Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pride....

Is pride a blessing or a curse?
We are told to watch our prideful behavior, yet our parents bless us with "I am so proud of you!" and "I could not be prouder of you if I tried", and we are told "Make me proud!"
It seems in these cases, someone else can be proud of us, yet it is unflattering for us to have too much pride in ourselves or our accomplishments.
Kind of a predicament we lay upon ourselves......silly humans!

Lying just below the surface is the fact that we all have our own ideas about what is accepted, should be accepted, what is right or wrong.
Dan is so right....."Come from behind......it's a matter of time till ya see who you've always been"
Who are you being?
Are you your true self, sometimes too prideful, some times fucking up, and getting it wrong....just like everybody else? Sometimes scoring the big goal that wins the game.....you know what, pat yourself on the back in those times, because they are cause for celebration, my friend! We are a blending of the times we succeed and the times we fail, but both are important parts of the total experience that make us...us.

Who is that person that stares back at you in the mirror?  Can you say with modest pride that you approve of him or her? I can and I make no excuses for saying that, it took a lot of time, effort, trust and balls for me to get here and I OWN IT!

On occasion, I am PROUD of MY DAMN SELF!!!
There, I said it!

No comments:

Post a Comment