Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sacred Partnership

I had been on retreat, leading women to themselves. When I departed the sacred, still and seductive space of the home we all shared, I was filled with inner knowing and inner truth in very profound, yet subtle ways.

Not long after returning home, I heard the news of OBL's death. I do not believe that an eye for an eye heals anything in all cases. It may have in this case. I know that Bin Laden's time was up, he went home and the wounds he carried in his soul are now healed. I also feel that our president did not feel much joy in this situation, perhaps he felt accomplishment, but my soul tells me that his soul feels all the pain that comes from making orders to send our troops to war and to carry out the false wisdom of a war. He wants equality for our world, and I can get behind that. There must have been some sense of vindication and justice for the families that lost people in 9/11. Finally the correct person has been held accountable.

I  learned more about the way President Obama handled this delicate situation, with honor to the beliefs of Bin Laden's religion, with quiet wisdom, not bragging or beating his chest about this situation, but rather saving the news for the country and the world as a collective in the proper way.

He tied up the loose ends in a respectful, adult and very presidential way. I can say he is my president, not because the man OBL has been killed, but because of  who Obama is as a person, a world citizen and a president.

Seldom do I get involved in politics on a deep level. War is something I do not understand. I can say that I understand honor and humbleness, and caring for other people.

Today, may you feel like you are not on the treacherous mountain alone, but rather with other souls who feel the darkness and the light in the world. Others who know that there can be no light without the darkness, no darkness without the respite of the light.

I honor the sacred partnership of the light and the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment