Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Isle of EverGreen

When I was in the process of changing my name, I was very close to picking the last name of Evergreen. Harmony Evergreen, sounds nice. In the interest of simplicity, I finally decided on Harmony Green. Now when I hear this song, it reminds me that a name does not defines us. Someone once said "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

Tribal cultures are/were comfortable with name changes at certain pinnacles or experiences in a lifetime. A person's name may change many times in the life cycle of a person.

My spiritual guides chose the name Harmony for me many, many years ago. It took me several years to grow into this name and as time moves along, I can see,  almost daily , why they chose it for me. It is a homage to all of us living in harmony with our mama earth and all who inhabit her in one way or another. Those that live on, in and around her. All life is connected and needs to live in harmony in order to flow properly.

I chose the last name of Green as an honoring to the heart chakra, the intention to be green and honoring to our planet and because it makes me think of plants, the most highly developed life here on planet Earth. Did you know that? Tis true, tis true! Vegetation is actually the most divine life we share the Earth with. If you need explanation, let me know!

I had one more decision to make. Did I want a middle name or not?
After some processing, I realized I did want to chose one more way to honor someone. I chose 2 someones....my daughter Emily and her son; my grandson, Brayden. I put the beginnings of each of their names together and created the middle name Embra.

I am Harmony Embra Green !

What name or names might you choose for yourself? It is an amazing journey one begins when pondering this question. May you find some answers on this quest of self!

No comments:

Post a Comment