Monday, April 21, 2014

High Tide

 


 
 
Harbor....haven
Open your self to me
Let me anchor myself
inside your gentle calm surfaced station
Hold me in the face of the storm
approaching
Let me lean into port
Take me deep into the safety
of your arms. your soul, your body
Greet me with your grace on my return
from the Sea
I will translate my tales to you
as I am nestled and docked
to you
Tell you, I will of the sea monsters I battled
and the battle of my own human
condition
And the days the wind was mild
And the nights she threw me around
so wickedly wild she almost
split me in two
I will tell you of the tides...turning
and the tides tempering
All within mere moments of each other
Yes, the Sea is my maiden
You, are my safe haven, my love
my welcoming place of gentle return
The calm after the many storms of
a life lived on high tide

No comments:

Post a Comment