Thursday, April 3, 2014

1 x 1

 
 
 
When I discover myself broken
Stepped on by strangers or lovers
Gotta glue myself back together with truths spoken
Silently sung to my soul under the covers
Late in the dark of night
As I reckon the cost
As I restore my inner sight
As I revive the self love lost
 
Reclamation of my battered soul
No need to lay it out before them all
Over pleasing surely takes its toll
Harder and tougher to rise after each fall
So, today I stop falling down to the ground
For others who won't pick themselves up
There are deep truths in the love I have found
Living for me now.....it's been long enough
 
I pen a promise to myself this day
To reawaken my soul's secret desires
Rising, getting out of my own way
Stoking my solar plexus fires
Certain of nothing, motivated by this
Standing to meet the light as she reveals my path
One very alive bead on my abacus
One times One is One....you do math
 

1 comment: