Friday, August 10, 2012

Ship of Friends

Taking time to be a friend.....opening the door to let another soul into your personal space....that's kind of a big deal. In this age of social networking and loss of privacy because we carry multiple electronic devices with us, it feels as though we have forgotten to honor the process of developing friendships. I mean come on, you can become a friend with the click of a key on your computer these days.

A ship built to hold friends needs to be crafted, developed, honed and most importantly; reciprocal. If the scales are unbalanced, it is not healthy, and eventually one person suffers for the experience. I have seen many people in my life explode because of this unbalanced situation. If the giving and receiving cycle is not in harmony, trouble will show itself someday. If you do not ask for what you need, you may not be given it, and the distance begins to build in the closest of relationships.

It has been my experience that once you can truly "friend" yourself, once you know who the fuck you are, really know...then you can really know another person. And, if you find yourself in a healthy, grounded place with a friend....CELEBRATE IT.....you are both creating a miracle.

Thank you, to all of my friends...to the ones who walk beside me in all terrains, the ones who laugh and cry with me..and the ones who let me be there for them. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment