Saturday, August 4, 2012

Angel in my Arms

She came to me, waddling as little tiny girls do....
Her saucer sized blues eyes and wide grin reviving my heart
Wordlessly she raised her trusting, tender arms to me
Kneeling, I scooped her up in my own road weary arms

Rising together as I stood, she became one with me
She smelled innocent and new, like early morning dew
 Instantly still, she stayed this way for many moments
So perfectly still......so superbly still... simply still

She gave to me a gift, this little angel in my arms
I heard the truth in her silence, I saw it in her saucer sized blue eyes
 hold on, get still, be the dew...always
Could it be this simple? I mused

And then, she was gone, running to the next experience
Does she know that this moment will follow me home?
Does she know I will cherish the silent song she shared?
hold on
be still
be the dew
always

No comments:

Post a Comment