Wednesday, August 29, 2012

For Brother Bear

Nature continues her cycles, ever on, ever strong, ever long.
We invade her, thinking she is there for us.....this is so wrong. If we choose to live in harmony with her, the true kinship is revealed. Are we so ignorant to believe that we have dominion over any thing? How absurd.....a species who rapes and kills their own, who steals from others and takes what is not theirs is deserving to govern over any other species? I think not!

One our road trip yesterday, I was driving along a beautiful, twisting, meandering mountain road...we were out there alone, no other cars. Suddenly I came to a quick, dead stop. Joe was perplexed and loudly asked me what the hell I was doing. To him I replied, "Look", as I pointed to the right side of the road intently, speaking loudly myself!
There he saw the doe that had almost run across the road, "Oh" he said.

She looked at me, our eyes connecting, as she studied me to see what I might do. Big, beautiful dark eyes asking me silently which way I was going. I moved the car a tad so she would know, and she returned to where she had come from.

We must tread softly in the domain we are so honored to be a part of, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment