Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Letting Go

Loosening our grasp
Why do we hold on so tight?

Sometimes love runs its course
Sometimes it is not a fairy tale

We need to be aware of what was
who we were
who we are no longer
and who we are becoming

What awaits us on the uncharted horizon
ahead?

Why do we fear it so?
Why do we limit the possibilities?

What do we want for ourselves?
When was the last time we knew what we wanted
for our SELVES?

Is it not better to have loved and lost
then never to have known it at all?

Does love ebb and flow
Mature and change
or is it constant and stuck in time?

I have let go of love before
because it had morphed into
an unrecognizable reflection of itself

In the letting go I found
the freedom to be the me
I had become

At last...I know how to love myself



No comments:

Post a Comment