Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dorothy's Sacrecrow

Ah, this brings me to the movie.......Wizard of Oz. 

Dorothy's first companion on the Yellow Brick Road is the very confused and lost Scarecrow. She "finds" him, but in reality it is he who finds her, he who shows her what real connection is about. Being that kind of friend who is there, always, no matter what. The first to stride alongside her on her fearless journey; he craved a brain.....yet the one he carried, born innate within him held great wisdom. He already owned what he sought. (we all do, ya know)

When it came time to say good bye and return to Kansas, she whispered to him "I think I'll miss you most of all". (ah, sigh......)

Many is the time I have moved on from a place, a group, a situation, and the good byes were never easy. Often, there has been one main soul that I connected with, and when this part of my journey was complete, I let them know that they were my Scarecrow......I would miss them most of all. Upon the departing, I left them with the knowledge that they were special to me, I had paid attention and saw that them walking  this experience with me did not go unnoticed or unappreciated. The gift they had given me was returned.....gratefully.

Who are the scarecrows in your life? Do they know they fill this sacred space for you? Why don't you tell them....today? Tell them while you are still here....that's when they need to know it. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment