Friday, August 5, 2011

Melded Emotions Manifested

Yesterday I had a day of deep funk and depression, deeper than I have experienced for a very, very long time.
Once I realized the funk was upon me, I knew I needed as much peace and stillness as I could find in the day, and it was gifted to me.
I tried to find a reason for the lack of connection I felt, or was I feeling connected to too many things, or people, or the past......I don't know. I only knew I felt nothing and everything all at the same time. It was a gray day. These emotions melded manifested madly into a deep well where I allowed myself to hide.

This song is a melding of many emotions, and Dan so expertly shows them all to us in a matter of minutes. Today I honor the talent he had for expressing himself so profoundly in subtle and direct ways. I marvel at the gift he gave us all, and I will continue to marvel over and over and over again as it is revealed to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment