Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A decision.......

LOVE is a decision, not an emotion. Emotions change with the direction of the wind.....a decision to love someone is a sacred contract and deserves to be treated as such. As you know, at times, the other person does not chose to love in return, they may not sign the contract alongside you.  
SO be it.
Perhaps this person has never been loved fully and knows not how to love himself, let alone another human.

My point here, is that if you place conditions and the need for reciprocation on your LOVE, then this is not love either. You choose to love from deep inside you. Once there, you have other decisions to make, often daily or hourly decisions. Questions such as these can assist you in these secondary decisions : "Is this love healthy for me?" "Am I loved back?" "Am I honored by loving this person?" "Does my love honor them?"

I love many whom I have never met simply because I have decided to. And, as complex as that may seem.....it is just the truth that I made my mind up to love, the rest is up to them.

Do you decide to love or do you allow your emotions to dictate your life.....taking you on a never ending roller coaster ride?

A little something to ponder today..........

No comments:

Post a Comment