Wednesday, September 28, 2011

what cost the sacrifice?

have you given all you got?
feel a kinship to Lot?
turning your cheek to the daily assault
only to find your self drowning in the salty
reality of your tears?

yep, me too........until NOW
  in the dark, growing in the peace of not knowing
upon my face has been etched a weary scowl
today I release it and send it off flowing
to its destination far from here

i make my own choices today
even if they are the wrong ones
i honor the act of getting out of my own way
i will wrote a new script and toss the re runs
and make clean my life accounts now in arrears

onto the task of righting the scales
off to the life I own
  i am not defined merely by my tales
and my gifts are sharp and honed
i take the unknown as a companion, constanlty near

No comments:

Post a Comment