Friday, April 8, 2011

Tear the walls down....

Again, I head into uncharted waters. Not often at all do I raise politics as a topic in my writing. HOWEVER...with the current events in Washington, as soon as I heard this song present itself....I knew we'd be goin here today.

I am integrating Native Indigenous practices into my life. I have always been drawn to Nature, the deep calling of silence and the deep knowing that we are all connected, equal and therefore all responsible for each other..... each person, plant, creature, etc. We are all on the same level and worthy of being respected.

Women in general and Gaia, our Mother Earth, are held in the highest places in Native culture. Gaia is our mother, we all came from her and are here because of her. We care for her as we would our own mother, as my friend Gene cares for his mother, completely, fully, on all levels. If we take from her endless bounty, we give back. We offer her our tobacco, our love, our commitment to continue to care for her.
If Gaia is injured, we heal her. NEVER would it even be thought of to cause injury to her of our own hands.That thought would not be honored or allowed for that matter, and not because of a law on the books, but because of the inner law of wisdom and respect. Why would a people destroy the very life that sustains them?

Women carry the ability to create life within themselves. Because of this gift and biological function, they are held in special regard within a tribe, a family, a gathering. The creators and ones who birth the future generations are cherished.

When I heard the news that the two issues standing in the way of political compromise are the environment and women's health, I was reminded how separated we truly are. How can a person own this false logic "Let's destroy the ground we walk on and the ones who bring us the future, if they so choose to. Sure, let's drill and damage and rape and pillage, and deny and destroy.....why not"?

I send healing out to the minds that believe that destroying something is in their best interest. As they line their pockets with unequaled wealth, they feel strong and mighty and in control. The sad truth is that destroying this planet, destroys us....eventually. It matters what we do to our Mother Earth or the mothers in our tribe,  because it effects us all and impacts future generations to come.

We had better change as a collective group, people.....let us tear down the fortresses that keep us separated. Let us not build walls, but rather futures where all are free to connect, roam and take in the bounty of creation, new life, new beginnings, choices and TRUST.

I stand for a woman's right to choose, a person's right to protect the land, the air and the future and the fact that we are all connected......we are all equal, and it MATTERS,  what we do to each other MATTERS.

I want to make my actions matter to the positive. And , please know:

YOU

MATTER

TO

ME.

ALL OF YOU!!!!

Aho....

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I couldn't have said it better! You are amazing and I will cherish the moment when we finally meet eye to eye!!

    ReplyDelete