Thursday, December 5, 2013

Under The Straw







Under the straw that fills
my chest
Beats a strong man's heart
I was once on a mighty
regal quest
Full and free and vibrant
I wonder where my
hope went

An old shirt thrown over
my trembling
shoulders
Out here with the dying
crops and the
massive boulders
I wonder where my
love went

Feet disappeared
For I need them not
No need for shoes for
feet that used to be
When I've got no where to
go, no plans
No one to walk the world
with the likes of me
I wonder where my passion
went

A soul once full, feels empty
now
I am still here inside the straw
and the fixed expression
Perhaps I can revive the drive
in the depths of this straw
somehow
And find a way
to
want to make a decision
today
To find that which seems so
lost
Time to resurrect
myself from the wooden
cross

Help me......

No comments:

Post a Comment