Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Spy Who Was Me





The reflected face
Is that me?
When did the smile
become a frown?
When did the laugh
lines stop forming as
deep tracks of joy?
When did the 
inside
get turned upside
down?
Where has the sparkle
in the blazing blue
of
my knowing eyes
fly off to?

Who returns my gaze in the
shining spy glass now?
What covert operations have
been at play here?
In the reflection I see only
a stranger
Hat tipped to one side
Collar up, Daily News my
shield
In deep disguise

Today, I design a plan
A response to the
attack
A sting, a stakeout
A resurgence of the me
I know myself to be

It begins today.....
The smile is reborn, pushed
out into the world
No longer held inside the womb
of past glory
Labor induced..... we begin
NOW
Today, I edit the pages
of
my mysterious
spy story
Off to find the joy I knew
Not so long ago

Watch out, world.....here
I come!
The spy who was me
Shall die a much honored
death today
A quiet fade away, removed
quite easily
There will be no obituary
For, she never really
existed....
On paper anyway
But, I am keeping the
stilettos....
;)



No comments:

Post a Comment