Friday, October 25, 2013

The Way of the Wolf



Let me be as the
wolf
Hunkered down in
my den
Or insulated in the
snow
Buried... when the cold
winter winds
blow

Let me howl as the
wolf
Signals to my precious
pack
As we welcome the night
Under a brilliant moon
Hear the rhythm of our
midnight
tune

Let me love as the
wolf
Protecting and keeping my
family safe
In the face of danger
I am brave
Running with the leader of
the pack
Hungry bellies growling, our
prey we track

Let me live as the
wolf
Let me stay in my natural
habitat
There's no reason for you to
attack
Do not destroy my forest
home
We so need to freely
roam

Imagine if someone took your
home away
How high a price would you
pay
To be allowed to live and
stay
In the place you call
home

Let me thrive as you
humans thrive
We can coexist
Let me own my habitat
natural
It is also my right to
live
Under the moon
Under the stars
Let us heal our massive
scars
We can live in peace apart
As we heal
our
wounded hearts




No comments:

Post a Comment