Sunday, October 13, 2013

Tell Me So




If I broke your heart
but did not know
It's because you did not tell
me so
If your heart can break that
easily
Then I need to know my
crimes... you see
For I know your heart to be
so strong
And, if, my dear I find I
was wrong
 
Then you need to tell me
so
 
If your heart harbors fears of
people leaving
I did not know it by its
deep beating
It can happen to a heart
held open
It can be hurt and hardened
in the hopin'
that folks will simply
understand
That you placed your heart... unprotected
in their hand
 
You need to tell us so
 
Next time you give your love away
so fully
Remember you need not be in
such a hurry
Let the people you love so free and
so wild
Earn it first, your trust is as
a child's
A child will give from a place so
free
If you are doing that for all of
humanity
Be gentle with yourself as this love you
show
Remember, that you have to tell us
so 


No comments:

Post a Comment