Monday, February 24, 2014

River Deep



River runs
Rapids rage
Chaotic current
Waters plagued
with turmoil
Taking me down deep
Soul crying... soiled
Depths calling...my soul to keep


River runs
Through my brain
Stagnant pools
I must drown my disdain
Throw me the line
Save me
From my river of tormented time
Pull me out
Dry me off
Stand me tall along her banks
I will survive when once I sank

I run far
from the river.... Deep
Heal my soul's scars
Let me send the river to sleep
As the land I traverse
Each step releasing the curse
Each day feeling the sun
On my skin
Each moment I fully envibe
Walking strong, learning to be alive

One day the river I will bow to
For she has taught me how to
Honor the turbulence and the trials
Honor the joy sprung from beguile
Honor the current and her power
Honor the land, the mountains that tower
And the valleys sitting ever low
I am free of the river's flow
No longer drowning in despair
My life, reclaimed, in repair

No comments:

Post a Comment