Friday, February 28, 2014

My Far Off Flight......for Joe

http://www.twistedrootstudios.com


It snowed
I cried
Seems I was not sufficiently
alibied
The rain froze hard
I drew the wild card
And away I flew
Away from you

In the dark corners of
last night
I found myself questioning
my far off flight
Why would I  take wing
From something
So sweet and solidly
grounded
I need you to know I know
the life we founded
Was and is rich with humbled
honor
This bird knew changes were
bearing down upon her
One day.... away she flew
Away from you

One truth that resonates
with me... as my time bomb
detonates
Blowing apart any rational reason
I deserve a trial for my treason
But in the piles of the rubble
I know that no matter how
deeply troubled
My heart and soul may be found
You will always pick me up
off the ground
And to you... words of peace I will 
impart
No matter how much we move
apart
We will always find our way
back
To quell and calm the world's
attacks
Because the love we founded
Will always be grounded
In graceful respect and grateful love
That's the most precious gift
I could ever think of

No comments:

Post a Comment