Saturday, February 1, 2014

Heat of the Heavens




Handful of stars
In their fall this time
I risked and reached out
I caught them
in their deep descent
to the ground I knew before
on my knees
Yet, I stood this time
and in my rising, I touched
those stars that once
lit my night

The brilliance of the light once
far off
Warms my lonely grasp, so cold
Melts the memories
Cauterizes the wound where
love, left hanging on the
cross,
left me with the
taste
of your rusted spike
A scar I shall wear for life
Where did our fallen love
leave its
mark on you ?

Holding stars in my quivering hand
Scar has become flesh knitted together
Skin will once again cover
the hole you bestowed
when you shot across the sky
As a hot white wonder filled super
nova of neurosis
Burned out before you ever reached
your destination
A stone in space, caught in orbit around
my planet heart
I wish you to know again the
heat of the heavens
I hold in my hand...healing

Tonight, I throw my stars above my
head
They will live above my bed
Adorning my ceiling
Warming my soul.....
cold
Watching o'er me
Shining in the dark so that
I will find my way
I know they will burn out as well
one day
The day I allow myself to be
loved
As simply and easily as the promise
of  the star's love stories 
told from above
Love organic and born of grace's
sweet calm
No more need to take the spike
to my
open palm

No more need to die upon the cross
This third time I will rise
and my once stinging eyes
Will be filled with the peace of joy
My tears..... white 
as the light
of the love storied stars
Will wash me clean
and
kiss away my scars

No comments:

Post a Comment