Friday, January 10, 2014

Heart Prints




Treasure hunt
I am my own stunt
man
As I attempt to traverse
the land
Looking for diamonds
in the dust
of the settling
deconstruct
of us
 
Naked finger
Love's lonely
linger
A jewel long
sought
Dulls at the
feet of the battles
we fought
And yet, still, I know there
is hope
That's me at the end
of the rescuing 
rope
 
Let me pull you out
of the well
Let us break society's 
demon spell
We make our lives and love
what we want them
to be
You and me, shining again
No longer livin' in deep
chagrin

Place a ring of love on
a different digit of
mine
As we flip the finger to
the hill's deep
decline
We ain't going downhill
darling dear
We are on steady ground...
nothing to fear
 
Naked finger left
Hearts beating strong in
our chests
A new beginning, a new birth
of trust
Walk with me out of the
ruins
As we marry our heart prints
and footprints
with the diamond
dust

No comments:

Post a Comment