Thursday, January 30, 2014

Birthed of Battles




Won the battle you say
I never came to it anyway
That was not me you were fighting
on that hill
Your opponents are your many fears
yet you never will
admit such a blatant truth
As you stand on the hill alone
doing anything to coax your youth
into staying, as you feel it flee
One day, you will meet the cold
reality

Your life was birthed of battles
Herding your friends through gates
like as many head of cattle
No matter how loudly you shake and
rattle
your self imposed chains
I won't come and cut them as they rust
in the driving rain
falling from your lonely, burning eyes
I've been the fool of your fears as you criticize
all I am and am comfortably being
I am done, you can go.... and in your fleeing
Know there will be no one chasing behind
I've got better things to do with my time

Won the battle you say
Good for you, right on.... hooray!!!!
I am off to walk my road of peace with the
wind warm on my face 
A new life for me to embrace
Enjoy the fight that keeps you in your tower
High above everyone else, so much power
Must feel pretty good, how's that working
out for you?
Won't be long....another battle will ensue
A soon as you feel ignored and small
So be it...hope it's worth it all



No comments:

Post a Comment