Friday, April 12, 2013

I Come..and Then I Go

It's been happening now for years
I come and then I go
The less I am aware on this level
the more I have to guess and suppose

My memory is vast or non existent
As quickly as it comes.. it goes
Just can't seem to recall
How to put on my god damn pantyhose

Took me half an hour the other day
(my skills, they come and then they go)
to open the jar of olives I was cravin
Turning the top the wrong way, wouldn't ya know

Do not discount me, I am still viable
I come and then I go
My thoughts remain impressive and deep
Even though most of the day I appear comatose

I choose to be here, alone in my LaLa land
I can come and I can go
No one judges me in the land of LaLa
Who ever I am at any moment is always apropos

I may not have it all together all the time
I am cool with coming and going
Did you ever think it's a vacation of the mind
Retreating to a place so deep like a river of peace flowing

We may never truly understand why a mind might 
choose to go and then to come
A disease, we believe, or is it a mechanism of  flight
A respite from this fucked up place we come from

Perhaps.. when we reach a place where we have paid our dues
We are allowed to come and go, subtle yet profound
Rewarded with a place of sanity in an insane world
LaLa land ...a place of peaceful human lost and found


Be not so quick to medicate me so I remain up top with you
I want to come, I want to go..I am fine, do not weep
I am in my place of sanity, you'd come too...if you could
Watch me, love me...know..I am safe and sane in LaLa land deep

No comments:

Post a Comment