Sunday, June 16, 2013

DadSpiration..... A Daughter's Desire


http://www.twistedrootstudios.com


maker of the money
builder of the birdhouse
owner of the 401K plan
tough guy, tender on the inside
I suspect.....
I hope
hard to say
sometimes......that
which lives in your heart

risk.....I need to know

dads...they come in all shapes
and sizes
swords, they are wielded
as monsters are at the door or
under the bed
brave and gallant dad...
slaying the thought that they
exist
saving the day
when I needed you to say
that which lives in your
heart
it's hard, huh?

tell me, I need to hear you
say it

tell me you are afraid, dad
tell me that sometimes life does not work
out
but, I will be ok anyway
tell me that you cried when I was born
and that you love me to the moon
and back
300 times.....tell me

just like you taught me, dad
if you kick your fears to the curb
they are gone
tell me about your fears, dad
I need to know that boys care too
or, I will choose one
who can not tell me what lives
in his heart
and it will be hard to say if I will be
happy...not knowing
tell me, dad...I need to know

save my future now, daddy
the real monster at the door is
the  vacancy.... no emotion known
tell me.....please...risk it
speak it
tell me....risk the reaction of me
telling you too

"I love you, Dad"

hard to say...perhaps
tell me, I promise I will make it
easy

No comments:

Post a Comment